Registering For Amazon MWS
Amazon MWS is the web service that allows us to fetch pricing and other information directly from Amazon in realtime. It is a FREE service provided by Amazon to eligible Amazon sellers to help them sell on Amazon.
In order for BookScoutPRO to fetch pricing information from Amazon for you, you must register for MWS and authorize us to do so.
To register for Amazon MWS, you must have at least one of the following Amazon accounts:
Sellers with only individual Selling on Amazon accounts are not eligible to register for or use MWS. If you are an individual seller and would like to use MWS, you can become eligible to register for MWS by upgrading to a Pro Merchant seller account from the Amazon Services Selling on Amazon page.
- Non-individual Amazon seller
- Amazon Webstore
- Amazon Product Ads
- Amazon Payments
- Amazon Fresh
- Amazon Supply
- Amazon Prime Now
Instructions for Sellers to Register for MWS and Authorize BookScoutPRO
- Log into your Amazon seller account.
- In the upper right hand corner select 'Settings' then 'User Permissions'.
- Scroll down to 'Amazon MWS Developer Permissions'
- Write down or copy the Seller ID here to the clipboard.
- Now click the 'Authorize Developer button'.
- In the Developer's Name text box, enter BookScoutPRO.
- In the Developer Account Number text box, enter 0837-1340-6422.
- Accept the license terms and click the Next button.
- You have successfully registered for MWS. Copy your Seller ID and MWS Auth Token.
You should also print this page and save it in a safe place.
- Now open another browser tab to your BookScoutPRO Member's Options page. Now cut and paste your Seller ID and MWS Auth Token into the corresponding fields on your Options page. Scroll down and click any of the 'Save Changes' buttons.
- You will now see several new Amazon options appear below Your Seller ID. Set them as you need and dont forget to 'Save Changes' again.
You are now ready to use BookScoutPRO!